Course Name: STSDSD (Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties) --> Duration : 2 Days --> Fees : ₹3000/-
The STSDSD Course (Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security
Duties) is a 2-day certification course that provides the minimum mandatory standard
of competence required for seafarers with duties dedicated to the maintenance of
The STSDSD Course introduces students to the ISPS Code and the SOLAS Convention and defines security roles and responsibilities. The course also provides the knowledge required to maintain the conditions set out in the ship security plan (SSP), recognise and respond to security threats and risks, and contribute to the improvement of overall ship security.
The STSDSD Marine Course also trains students to undertake regular security inspections and monitoring of the ship, maintain security-related communications, and how to use and maintain security equipment onboard.
- Knowledge of Security Threats and Patterns.
- Maritime Security Policy.
- Ship Security Responsibilities.
- Security Levels.
- Drills and Exercises.
- Inspections and Surveys,
- Contingency Plans and Emergency Procedures.
- Security Threat Recognition and Response.
- Crowd Management and Control Techniques.
- Recognition of Dangerous Substances, Weapons, and Devices.
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures.
- Security Communications.
- Physical Searches.
- Inspections, Control, and Monitoring of Ship.
- Security Equipment and Systems.
- Testing, Maintenance, and Calibration of Security Equipment and Systems.
STSDSD Course Eligibility:
- All existing and prospective seafarers are eligible for STSDSD Training.
- A Minimum SSC pass is desirable.
- Candidates must be medically fit.
- INDOS Number is Mandatory.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC Number (Existing Seafarers).
- SSC Marksheet.
- Passport-sized Photographs.
- Certificate of Fitness from DG-approved Doctor.
Course Fees: ₹3000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be provided with a
Certificate of Proficiency in Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security
The STSDSD Certification has lifetime validity, and you are not required to undertake an STSDSD refresher course.