Section A: Theory.
Course Name: PST-R (Personal Survival Techniques Refresher)
Duration : 1 Day
Fees : ₹3000/-
Buy Course Online
The STCW Personal Survival Techniques Refresher Course (PST-R) is a one-day
course that provides trainees with updated training in safety familiarization and
personal survival techniques.
The Refresher PST Course provides students with the essential knowledge required
to maximize their chances of survival at sea in the event of ship abandonment. The
course also teaches how to use lifejackets, inflatable rafts, and other life-saving
The aim of this PST Marine course is to give seafarers the opportunity to refresh
their survival knowledge and maintain the minimum standard of proficiency as set
out in the STCW Code. Existing seafarers with a Personal Survival Techniques (PST
Course) certificate must undergo the PST Refresher Course once every five years.
Section B: Practical.
- Types of Emergency Situations.
- Life-saving Appliances on Ships.
- Survival Craft Equipment.
- Location of Life-saving Appliances on Ships.
- Survival Principles.
- Personal Protective Clothing.
- Evacuation of Ship.
- Risks posed to Survivors at Sea.
PST-R Course Eligibility:
- How to Don a Life Jacket
- How to Don & Use an Immersion Suit.
- How to Jump into the Water Safely from a Height.
- Staying Afloat with and without Life Jacket.
- Actions to Boost Chance of Survival.
- How to Board Life Rafts.
- How to Operate Survival Equipment & Location Devices.
- Seafarers who have completed the PST Course are eligible.
- All candidates must be in good health and physically fit.
- PST Course Certificate.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC Number.
- Medical Certificate.
- Passport-sized Photographs.
Course Fees: ₹3000/-.
Upon successful completion of the Personal Survival Techniques Refresher Course,
all trainees will receive the STCW PST-R Certificate following a short exam.
Buy Course Online
The PST Refresher Course certificate will be valid for five years. You will be required
to attend the PST-R Course at five-year intervals.