Course Name: FPFF-R (Fire Prevention and Fire-Fighting Refresher) --> Duration : 1 Day --> Fees : ₹3000/-
The STCW Fire Prevention and Fire-Fighting Refresher Course (FPFF-R Course) is
a one-day course that offers trainees an opportunity to refresh their fire prevention
and firefighting skills.
Existing seafarers who hold a Fire Prevention and Fire-Fighting (FPFF) Certificate are required to undergo the STCW FPFF-R Course in Mumbai every five years to maintain their standard of competency.
This FPFF-R Marine Course in Mumbai provides students with knowledge of fire prevention and trains them in appropriate measures required for the safety of the ship and its personnel in the event of a fire. The course also teaches how to use extinguishers and other firefighting equipment.
Section A: Minimizing the Risk of Fire & Maintaining Readiness.
- Basic Principles of Fire.
- Types & Causes of Ignition.
- Location of Firefighting Appliances & Escape Routes.
- Fire Hazards.
- Detection & Alarm Systems.
- Need for Vigilance and Onboard Fire Safety.
- Fire Classifications & Extinguishing Methods.
Section B: Fighting and Extinguishing Fires.
- Responding to Emergency Fire Situations.
- Firefighting Outfits.
- Use of Portable Extinguishers.
- Hoses, Nozzles, and Other Firefighting Equipment and Apparatus.
- Firefighting Methods and Procedures.
- How to Extinguish Various Different Types of Fires.
- Firefighting Agents.
- Use of Breathing Apparatus.
- Safety, Rescue, and Evacuation.
FPFF-R Course Eligibility:
- Students must have completed the STCW FPFF Course.
- Students must be medically and physically fit for the course.
- Candidates with STCW ‘95 Convention AFF and PSC&RB Certificates are also eligible for the FPFF-R Course in Mumbai.
- FPFF Certificate.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC Number.
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Medical Certificate.
Course Fees: ₹3000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the Fire Prevention and Fire-Fighting Refresher
Course, you will receive the FPFF-R Certificate.
This certification is valid for five years, after which you are required to do the FPFF Refresher Course again to maintain proficiency.