Course Name: OTCTO (Basic Oil Tanker and Chemical Tanker Operation with Augmentation) --> Duration : 7 Days --> Fees : ₹5000/-
The OTCTO Marine Course (Basic Oil Tanker and Chemical Tanker Operation)
is a 7-day certification course designed to train officers, ratings, and other ship
personnel holding specific duties and responsibilities in relation to cargo and cargo
operation on oil and/or chemical tankers.
The OTCTO Marine Course in Mumbai offers basic knowledge about oil and chemical tankers, cargo handling systems, and specific duties related to cargo, cargo equipment, and operations.
Students are also trained in fire safety and fire-fighting measures (with augmentation) and taught about oil and chemical tanker safety, hazard prevention, pollution prevention, and operational practices and obligations under applicable laws. This OTCTO Training Course provides the minimum mandatory competency required for seafarers embarking on oil or chemical tankers, helping improve operational capabilities and contribute to the safety of the ship, crew, and the environment.
- Knowledge of Oil and Chemical Tankers.
- Knowledge of Cargo Operations.
- Physical Properties of Oil and Chemicals.
- Tanker Safety Culture and Management.
- Hazard and Hazard Control.
- Safety (MSDS).
- Safety Equipment and Protective Devices.
- Fire Safety and Fire Fighting Operations.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Prevention of Oil and Chemical Pollution.
- Case Studies [Oil & NLS Ship Emergencies].
Note: The OTCTO training course includes practical (simulation) exercises for “Fixed Fire-Fighting Foam System Operations” and “Fixed Dry Chemical Operations.”
- All seafarers who have completed the STCW Basic Safety Training (EFA+PST+FPFF+PSSR) are eligible.
- INDOS Number is Mandatory.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental health.
- SSC Pass is desirable.
- STCW BST Certificates.
- INDOS Number.
- CDC Number (Existing Seafarers).
- Passport-sized coloured photographs.
- Medical Certificate from a DGS-approved doctor.
Course Fees: ₹5000/-.Certification:
Upon successful completion of the OTCTO Marine Course, students will receive a certificate of proficiency in Basic Oil Tanker and Chemical Tanker Operation (OTCTO), which has lifetime validity.